Asus has a wider product range, from advanced gaming routers to dual-band and tri-band routers and extenders. Furthermore, they provide the fastest speed and broad range coverage. But users must check with their maintenance like Asus router Firmware Update.
These routers occasionally show errors during login or configuration, much like conventional routers. Similarly, to resolve this type of error, you have to check with the latest Firmware update. In this post, we will explain to you the methods that assist you to complete the process effortlessly.
How to update the Asus router firmware?
However, for optimal functionality and security of your Asus router, you need to keep the router firmware up to date. Likewise, updating the Firmware will help in bug fixing, security patches, and adding new features.
Moreover, before starting the Firmware upgrade process, must check for the available updates. Likewise, ensure proper power supply and internet connection while thinking to start the process. In addition, if you own an Asus router, then we penned down both methods to update the Firmware. Let’s have a look:
Manual Asus router Firmware update
- To start with, check the power supply on your router and device.
- Secondly, connect your router to the smart device.
- Next, launch the web browser and write router.asus.com web address or 192.168.1.1 IP address.
- Here, a login window shows you.
- After that, enter your admin credentials to access the web interface of your router.
- Now, visit Setting>Administration>Firmware Upgrade.
- Click the “Download” option to start the download process.
- Before starting the download, check that you have selected the right version as per your router model.
- To install the update, click the “Upload” button when the download is finished.
- During this period, do not turn off your router or perform any activity.
- Select the file you downloaded from Downloads at this point.
- To install the latest Asus router Firmware Update, tap the Open or Choose button.
Automatic Asus router Firmware Update
- Firstly, connect your router network to the smart device.
- After that, type router.asus.com to access the login page.
- When the login page appears, write your admin username and password.
- After logging in, you will find the Firmware Update pop-up in the top right corner.
- Here, tap on the Update and you reach the Administration settings.
- When visiting the Administration>System>Firmware Upgrade.
- Click on the Firmware Upgrade finally.
- The update will start after clicking, so wait patiently.
- Do not turn off your router or device while Firmware Upgrade is ongoing.
- Lastly, when an update is finished, log in again to the router’s web interface.
- Here, go to the Administration > Restore>Save>Upload Setting >Factory default> Click [Restore].
Hope the above-given information will assist you with an easy-and-effortless Asus router Firmware Update. Additionally, follow the steps carefully and in sequence to avoid the issues. Similarly, you can opt for any of the methods but check the updates timely. If you need more assistance, reach out to us on our website.