Asus routers are popular for their exceptional bandwidth capabilities and the way they can handle increased data output requirements. And, the Asus AX6100 Tri-band WiFi 6 RT-AX92U Router is one in the league. With features like MU-MIMO, Ultra-fast data speeds, longer battery life, and AiProtection Pro, the AX6100 also claims to be the world’s first WiFi 6-enabled Mesh WiFi system.
If you have recently upgraded to this wifi router, learning how to set things up can help you a lot. This blog will walk you through the steps to configure the network settings on your Asus AX6100 Tri-band WiFi 6 RT-AX92U Router.
Asus AX6100 Tri-band WiFi 6 RT-AX92U Router Setup
For best results when using the Asus RT-AX92U router, you can position it in a central location. This will ensure you get the maximum wireless coverage out of it. You can try keeping the router away from obstructions like metal, radio devices, water aquariums, and more. This will ensure that you get seamless wireless connectivity without signal drops and more.
Now, in order to begin with the Asus router setup, you’ll need to confirm certain system requirements which are:
- Ethernet RJ-45 LAN port (10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000BaseTX)
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax wireless capability
- TCP/IP service installed
- A compatible web browser like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome, etc.
Beginning With The Asus AX6100 Router Setup Process
It is advised to use a wired connection when setting up your wireless router to avoid possible setup issues. Also, if you are replacing an existing router, disconnect it from the home network and also the cables from the MODEM. If it works on a battery, remove that as well. Now, restart your cable modem and computer.
Connecting The Devices
- Insert the power cable into the DC-IN port and plug the power adapter into the power outlet at your home.
- Now, connect your computer to the LAN port on your ASUS Tri-band RT-AX92U router. Also, connect your modem to the WAN port on your router using another network cable.
- Finally, power on your MODEM by plugging in the AC adapter to the DC-IN port.
If you wish to connect your device wirelessly, you can use the WiFi option on your wireless devices to connect to the Asus router’s network SSID.
Logging In To The Asus Router
- Launch a web browser on your connected device. In the address bar, type http://router.asus,com and press Enter.
- When the Asus router login page appears, key in the default username and password details and then click on the Login button.
- When accessing the web-based setup wizard for the first time, you’ll be directed to the QIS(Quick Internet Setup) wizard automatically.
Asus RT-AX92U Router Setup Process
Once logged in, the setup wizard will detect the type of internet connection you have. It may be Dynamic IP, PPPoE, PPTP, L2TP, or Static IP. Once detected, it will direct you to the Wireless Setting wizard. You can follow the steps as mentioned:
- Assign a wireless network name and SSID for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands of your network. Click on the Apply button now.
- You can change the wireless network password for your router network bands later using the System Status section. General navigation will be General> Network Map.
- You will now see the internet and wireless settings being displayed on the screen. Click on the Next button to continue.
- Once done, click on the Finish button and the setup process will conclude.
Once you have configured the wireless settings for your Asus AX6100 Tri-band WiFi 6 RT-AX92U Router setup, you can connect your devices to the network.