Asus Rog Rapture is a WiFi 6 capable gaming series router released by Asus that caters to the growing demand from the avid gamer community. Once you have configured your home network with this device, you can begin accessing high-speed internet seamlessly. If you are looking for the setup related information of the Asus Rog Rapture GT-AX6000, this blog is all you need to give a read.
Your Asus Rog AX6000 can be set up using both wired and wireless connections. But first, you’ll need to prepare your MODEM for it. Here are some steps you can follow:
- Unplug the MODEM from the power outlet. If it uses a battery, remove it.
- Remember if you have a DSL connection, you will need username/password from your ISP to configure the router. Make sure you have those details.
- Connect the MODEM to the router using a network cable.
- Turn on your cable/DSL modem and check for the LED lights to ensure that the connection is working.
Beginning With The Asus Rog Rapture GT-AX6000 Setup
The Wired Setup Method
- Plug in your router into a power outlet and allow it to power ON. Connect an ethernet cable from your computer to the LAN port on your router.
- Once these connections are formed, open a web browser and you will automatically be directed to the web-based setup wizard. If the page doesn’t populate automatically, type http://router.asus.com in the web address bar and press the Enter key. This will redirect you to the asus rog rapture router setup wizard.
- Set up a password for your router so unauthorized access to your network can be prevented.
This step concludes the wired setup method. Unlike many other routers, where you have to follow a long and tiring setup process, the Asus Rog can be set up in only three steps as mentioned above.
Wireless Setup Method
- Firstly plug in your router into a power outlet and allow it to power ON.
- Then open the Network and Sharing Center on your computer system and connect to the router network. You’ll find the network with an SSID ASUS-XX-XXXX etc. You can correspond with the SSID and password details mentioned on the product label of your device.
- Once connected, open a web browser and you will automatically be directed to the web-based setup wizard. If the page doesn’t populate automatically, type http://router.asus.com in the web address bar and press the Enter key. Alternatively, you can always use the default IP address https://192.168.1.1 to access the same.
- Next set up a password for your router so unauthorized access can be prevented.
- Finally, don’t forget to hit the Save button. Allow some time for the settings to take effect.
Once these settings are saved, you can begin with accessing the internet across your devices. If you face issues accessing the setup wizard or more, you can always look for the troubleshooting guide on our website.