The Asus router is devised to work with an internet connection as well as without an internet connection. The good news is that you can also access and configure the router’s wireless settings without using the internet connection. Still, you need to connect directly to the router for this. Thus, it can provide you with both wired and wireless connections.
Although the connection can be set wirelessly, you can still rely on a wired connection. The wired connection is considered suitable and appropriate for connecting with the router. This blog contains insights on the login process of Asus router without an internet connection. You can give it a thorough read if you want to know more.
Connecting Via Ethernet Cable
Plugin the one end of the ethernet cable in the router’s LAN port. You can locate it at the back of the router. Make sure that you connect it properly. It doesn’t matter which port you choose but don’t insert it in a single WAN port.
Connecting The Device
Using the other end of the ethernet cable, plug it into the ethernet port of your mobile or laptop in use.
Locate The IP address Of The Asus Router
Generally, the standard IP addresses of the routers include 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1. Still, they may also differ depending upon the model of the router you are using. If you fail to find the router’s IP address, you can follow the directions given below for the same.
- Click on the Start button.
- Input ‘cmd’ and press enter.
- Type’ ipconfig’. Continue by pressing enter.
The default gateway will be considered as the IP address of the router.
Log In To The Web-Based Utility Of The Asus Router
- Firstly, Open any compatible web browser like Chrome.
- Enter the default IP address you configured in the browser’s address bar.
- You will be directed to the login screen.
- Here you are obliged to input the login credentials in the required fields. If you are unsure about the details of credentials, check the back of the router or check the user manual that came along with the device.
- Once you enter the login details, click the Login button and you will be taken to the web-management page of the router.
Set The DHCP Range
Once you access the DHCP settings, you can turn to set the range of IP addresses that the router will provide to the device while establishing the connection. You will also notice the DNS option. Leave it as default settings.
Configuring Wireless Settings Of Asus Router
Once you access the web-based setup page, you can configure the wireless settings and modify them accordingly.
Testing The Wired Device
You can test the connection by following these steps:
- Click on the Start button.
- Type ‘cmd’ and hit enter.
- Input ‘ipconfig’ and press enter.
If you have any confusion for asus router login or doubt, call our technicians on the toll-free number at once and they will help you out regarding the same.