Asus routers are known for their vigorous performance. Mostly used in gaming applications and high-intensity networking tasks, these devices can help you in numerous ways. The ROG series of Asus routers support features like the Triple-Level Game acceleration and GameFirst that are meant to make your gaming experience seamless. However, in order to make the most out of these routers while gaming, it is important that you connect them to your devices securely. This blog will walk you through ways you can enable connectivity between your Asus router and gaming devices.
Connecting The Asus Router To Your Gaming Device
Your gaming devices like the gaming console and more can be connected either wirelessly or using an ethernet cable. Here are some general navigation steps to connect the same:
Asus Router Wireless Connection
- Firstly open the wifi settings on your gaming device and look for the available wireless networks.
- When the name of your Asus router network appears on the list, select it.
- Then type in the router network password and click on the Connect button.
- The setup wizard will validate the details and will connect the device to the router network.
Asus Router Wired Connection
- Use an ethernet cable between one of the LAN ports on your Asus router and the ethernet port on your gaming device.
- Once you connect the same, the gaming device will detect the LAN connection and connect it to the Asus router network securely.
Boosting Gameplay In Your Asus Router
The Triple-level game acceleration feature can help you obtain a seamless gaming experience on your connected device. Follow these steps to enable the same:
Gaming Device and Port Prioritisation
You can find the gaming port on the LAN Port Label of your ROG gaming router. For game acceleration, just plug your laptop or personal computer into this gaming port and the router will make the device its first priority.
This utility belongs to your Asus router’s motherboard and is also termed as GameFirst. Designed for ROG routers to facilitate network optimization and acceleration, this utility is a popular gaming tool by players.
Game Packet Prioritisation
Game Boost is an ASUS-exclusive Adaptive QoS meant to handle multiple connected devices at the same time and manage busy traffic to prioritize game packets. To enable the same, you can simply toggle the Enable Game Boost button to the ON position on the game packet prioritization screen.
Game Server Acceleration
You can prioritize the gaming server to extract the maximum performance out of it. This can be done using the WTFast feature that uses a network traffic optimization engine to fetch a better route from the router to the gaming server. You may always choose to manually choose a server, however, doing it using the game boots management interface is always suggested. Here are some steps you can follow:
- Firstly, Log in to the Game Boost management interface and choose a client from the Client MAC address menu.
- Now, from the Add/Delete column, click on the ‘+’ button.
- You’ll now see a list of games on the screen, which you can select from. You will also see a list of gaming servers.
- Finally make a selection and save the settings.