Generally, Asus routers are specially designed for a better gaming experience and ultrafast speed. Likewise, these routers come with advanced technology that can be easily configured to any gaming device. Similarly, users get confused and don’t know how to connect an Asus router to a gaming device.
Additionally, the latest features like Triple-Level Game Acceleration and GameFirst are included in the ROG series of Asus routers to enhance your gaming experience. Similarly, it is essential to keep your router network secure while connecting it to the device. In this blog post, we will explain to you the steps for connecting your Asus router to the gaming gear.
How do you connect the Asus router to the gaming device effortlessly?
Moreover, Asus routers boost your gaming experience while you link them with your gaming device. Similarly, these are suitable and provide you with a seamless playing experience even in the multiple gadget environment.
In addition to this, you can connect your gaming gadget to the device through a wireless or wired connection. Ensure that the network is stable and active after linking to your gadget. Moving back to the point, let’s have a look at how to connect an Asus router to the gaming device:
Get the IP address of your router
- To begin with, turn on your router and connect the router’s network to the device.
- You can use a wireless or an Ethernet cable wired connection.
- Now, open the web browser on your smart device and type”http://router.asus.com” or “192.168.1.1” in the address bar and tap on Enter.
- Further, you visit the router’s login page.
- Hereon, enter the default username and password to access the login page.
- After logging in, go to the “Settings”, then “General” or “Network” tab to find the router’s IP address.
In the ROG router models, you have a Game Acceleration dashboard. So, configure your gaming device as per your router model.
Connect your gaming device to the Asus router
Now that you have the necessary equipment and the router’s IP address, it’s time to connect your gaming device to the Asus router. Follow these steps:
- Initially, power on your gaming device whether it is a gaming console or your smart device.
- Now, locate the Ethernet port on your gaming device and connect one end of the Ethernet cable to it.
- After that, connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to any of the LAN ports on the back of the Asus router.
- Further, ensure a secure connection by confirming the Ethernet cable is firmly plugged into both the gaming device and the Asus router.
- Make sure these are working and icons are shown on your device.
Configure the router's settings to link with the gaming device
Once your gaming device is connected to the Asus router, it’s time to configure the router’s settings to optimize your gaming experience. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- To start with, open your web browser and enter the router’s IP address you get in the first section.
- After that, login again using default admin details to navigate to the router’s settings.
- Further, reach the “Wireless” or “Network” settings and find the Quality of Service (QoS) tab.
- Hereon enables QoS to prefer gaming traffic over other network activities.
- Game Packet prioritization is an ASUS-exclusive Adaptive QoS designed to prioritize game packets by handling several connected devices at once and managing hectic traffic.
- On the switch to activate Game Boost on the game packet prioritization page to activate the same.
- Further, adjust the QoS settings accordingly to assign suitable bandwidth to your gaming device, ensuring a fast and stable connection for online gaming.
- Finally, save the settings and restart both the Asus router and your gaming device to apply the changes.
- Now, enjoy the seamless gaming experience in your leisure time.
All in all, by reading our blog post, you can understand the complete steps for how to connect an Asus router to a gaming device. It is a relatively simple process that can significantly enhance your online gaming experience. By following the steps outlined in this post, you can ensure a stable, fast, and uninterrupted connection for hours of gaming enjoyment. If you still need help, you can visit our website.