In this article, you are looking forward to gaining knowledge on how to configure PPPoE connection in Asus router. To set up the PPPoE connection on Asus router, you need to access the Asus router configuration page. The steps required to configure PPPoE connection on the Asus router vary depending on the router’s model. PPPoE connections might need MTU settings to work properly. Today we will explain the PPPoE connection configuration on the Asus router. Have a look at the below steps:
How to set up an Internet Connection on the Asus router?
Here are the steps to set up the PPPoE connection:
1. Connect the Devices
- First of all, disconnect any old router if you have and plug in the Asus router to a power source.
- Take an Ethernet cable and connect it from the WAN port of your Asus router to the modem.
- Use another Ethernet cable to connect the computer to one of the four LAN ports of the Asus router.
- Next, turn on your computer, modem and the Asus router.
2. Log in to the Asus router
- Open a web browser on your computer which you’re going to use for the whole process
- Type the default web address www.router.asus.com in the address bar of the web browser.
- When a login screen appears, enter the username and password. You can use ‘admin’ as default credentials in both the fields.
- Click the ‘Login’ button to gain access to the Asus router configuration page.
- Jump to the next section to know how to configure PPPoE connection in Asus router.
3. Quick Internet Setup
- When you reach the Asus router’s page, click the ‘Quick Setup’ option.
- Quick internet setup instructions guide you to quickly set up the internet connection.
- The Asus router automatically detects the internet connection type such as PPPoE, PPTP, L2TP, Static IP, etc.
- To manually select the connection type, click the ‘WAN Internet Connection’ tab.
- Now, choose your connection type.
- To configure the PPPoE on the Asus router, select PPPoE.
- Here you can change the settings as per your need.
- Enable or disable WAN to get a new IP address.
- Next, enable NAT option.
- Afterwards, enable UPnP to allow multiple wireless devices to be controlled via an IP based network.
- Now, you need to configure the WAN IP as well as DNS settings.
- Next, enter the PPPoE username and password that is provided by your ISP under the ‘Account settings’.
- After that, enter the network name and password for the Asus wireless router.
- Click on the ‘Apply’ tab to save all the changes. Click ‘Next’.
- Now, you need to go back to the Asus router login page.
- On this page, enter the username and password for authentication. Click ‘Login’.
- The PPPoE configuration on the Asus router is completed. Now, surf the Wi-Fi connection without any interruption.
We hope the above instructions solved your query ‘how to configure PPPoE connection in Asus router’. If you need any further assistance for the Asus router configuration page, you can get connected with our technical experts who will guide you in the best way possible. Contact us at our toll-free no. or do a live chat via an online chat window.