Want to know about the detailed steps for how to setup PPOE connection in an Asus router? Then stay on this post with us. Here, you understand that the procedures needed to set up a PPPoE connection on an Asus router differ based on the model.
Likewise, the user must log in to the Asus router before accessing the setup wizard. For PPPoE connections to function properly, MTU settings may be required. We will go over the Asus router’s PPPoE connection setup process in this post.
How to configure an Internet connection on the Asus router?
If you want to configure an internet connection on the Asus Router. Follow the steps below:
Link the Device
- Initially, unplug any outdated routers you may have and connect the Asus router to an electrical outlet.
- Now, connect an Ethernet wire to the modem from your Asus router’s WAN port.
- Link the computer to one of the Asus router’s four LAN ports using an additional Ethernet cable.
- Next, switch on the Asus router, your PC, and your modem.
Logging in to the Asus router
- Firstly, open the web browser on your computer.
- Now, enter the Asus router’s default address, i.e., www.router.asus.com in the URL bar.
- Here, you will see the login screen that asks you to enter admin details.
- Next, type your login details here, i.e. username and password, and press Login to access the Asus router configuration.
- To know further, about how to configure the PPPoE connection on an ASUS router, check with the next section.
Easy Internet setup
- Next, select “Quick Setup” when you reach the Asus router page.
- Look for the setup instructions here and follow them for quick internet setup.
- Now, the PPPoE, PPTP, L2TP, static IP, and other internet connection types are automatically detected by the Asus router.
- Here, click the “WAN Internet Connection” tab to manually choose the connection type.
- After that, select the connection type you need.
- Further, choose PPPoE to set up the Asus router’s PPPoE.
- You can adjust the settings here that suit your needs.
- After that, the user can enable or disable WAN to get a new IP address.
- Now, enable the NAT option next.
- Next, allow UPnP so an IP-based network can control several wireless devices.
- Here, you are required to configure DNS and WAN IP settings.
- Next, go to “Account settings” and type the PPPoE username and password given by your ISP.
- Further, enter your admin credentials for your Asus wireless router.
- Finally, to save all of the modifications, select the “Apply” option and then”Next.”
- Now, you have to return to the login page of your Asus router.
- Hare, to access the login page, enter the admin username& password on this page. Next, tap on “Log in.”
- Lastly, the process for configuring PPPoE on the Asus router was completed.
- Now, you can proceed with browsing the Wi-Fi network without any disruptions.
All in all, we hope that our post will assist you with the easy & detailed methods for how to setup PPPoE connection on an ASUS router. Likewise, users need to follow all the steps carefully and as similar as mentioned above. If still face any issues, then contact our team or visit our website.