Do you want to know how to change the username and password for your Asus router? This blog post will tell you the steps to change Asus router login username and password. Read to know more!
How To Change The Username and Password For Your Asus Router
There are several reasons that you should change your Asus router login username and password. One of the broader reasons could be that you have forgotten the login password of your Asus router. In case of Asus router forgot password, you cannot access the web-interface of the Asus router. If you can’t recall Asus router login password, you cannot access the web-interface of the Asus router.
In that circumstance, the best option would be to restore your Asus router default settings. There’s no other way to log into Asus router without entering its login username and password. Once you reset your Asus router back to its default settings, you will be able to log into the configuration page by using the Asus router default password.
Steps To Reset Asus Router-
- Place your Asus router on a flat surface and plug the power adapter of the router into the wall outlet. Press the power button on the Asus router.
- Look for the tiny reset hole/ button on the back-side of the Asus router and take out the sharp and pointed object like- a pen or paper clip.
- Press and hold down the reset key using a pointed object for a while and then release the button.
- Wait until you see a change in the behavior pattern of the Asus router and then release the reset button.
- Your Asus router will reboot and once it is powered ON, you can again complete its setup part.
Once the reset process is done, you can sign in to your device by using the Asus router default password and username. The default username for the Asus router is ‘admin’ and the default password is ‘admin’. Enter this default Asus router login username and password to sign in to the configuration utility of the device.
How To Change WiFi SSID and Password For The Asus Router?
You must also change the default SSID and passkey of the Asus wireless network. If you keep the default ones, it will be quite easy for the foreign devices to connect to your Asus wireless network. The following steps will tell you how to change the username and password for your Asus router.
- Open up a browser on the device that is connected to the wireless network of the Asus router and type http://router.asus.com in the address bar.
- Enter the IP address 192.168.1.1 to log into the Asus sign-in page. Fill in the login details using the Asus router sign in passkey and admin name.
- After signing into the Asus router setup wizard, navigate to the ‘Network’ section and scroll down to the ‘Wireless’ settings of the router.
- Enter a new wireless network name (SSID) and password in the required fields.
- After making all kinds of changes, hit on the ‘Save’ option.
These well—discussed steps will be helpful to the user in case of Asus router forgot the password. In case, you are unable to fix the problem with your Asus router then you can contact our technical experts. Our in-house team will tell you how to resolve the issues in no time. You can dial their toll-free number or perform a live chat.