The foremost thing you need to do after logging into the router is to configure the settings. This includes changing the login password, WiFi network name, and password along with other things. So, you must know how to change the username and password of the Asus router.
There are several reasons why you should change your Asus router login username and password. Changing the password is crucial, as anyone can log into the router using the default login credentials. Setting a strong and complex password will make it easier for any hacker to hack into the router.
So, if you want to know how to change the username and password for your Asus router? This blog post will tell you the steps to change Asus router login username and password. We will also discuss the procedure to change the WiFi SSID and password.
Steps To Change The Username & Password For the Asus Router
You can easily change the login username and password of the Asus router. All you need to do is log into the web interface. Once you have access to the interface, you can easily configure the login credentials. The steps to reset the Asus router are as follows:
- Firstly, place your Asus router on a flat surface and plug the power adapter of the router into the wall outlet. Press the power button on the Asus router.
- Now, look for the tiny reset hole/ button on the back side of the Asus router and take out the sharp and pointed object like- a pen or paper clip.
- Hereon, press and hold down the reset key using a pointed object for a while and then release the button.
- Wait until you see a change in the behavior pattern of the Asus router and then release the reset button.
- At last, your Asus router will reboot and once it is powered ON, you can again complete its setup part.
Once the reset process is done, you can sign in to your device by using the Asus router default password and username. The default username for the Asus router is ‘admin’ and the default password is ‘admin’. Enter this default Asus router login username and password to sign in to the configuration utility of the device.
How To Change the WiFi SSID and Password of The Asus Router?
You must also change the default SSID and passkey of the Asus wireless network. If you keep the default ones, it will be quite easy for foreign devices to connect to your Asus wireless network. The following steps will tell you how to change the username and password for your Asus router.
- Primarily, open up a browser on the device that is connected to the wireless network of the Asus router and type http://router.asus.com in the address bar.
- Now, enter the IP address 192.168.1.1 to log into the Asus sign-in page. Fill in the login details using the Asus router sign-in passkey and admin name.
- After signing into the Asus router setup wizard, navigate to the ‘Network’ section and scroll down to the ‘Wireless’ settings of the router.
- Enter a new wireless network name (SSID) and password in the required fields.
- Finally, after making all kinds of changes, hit on the ‘Save’ option.
These discussed steps will be helpful to the user in case the Asus router forgets the password. In case, you are unable to fix the problem with your Asus router then you can contact our technical experts. Our team will guide you to resolve the issues in no time. You can contact our team anytime.