Do you own an Asus AC2600 router? Although the idea behind the Asus AC2600 router’s channel bandwidth adjustment may already be familiar to you. The available internet signal strength that your computer system or wireless device can access is known as channel bandwidth.
“Wireless Speed Performance” and “Signal Stability” are significantly impacted by increased channel bandwidth. If interference doesn’t interfere, more data can travel through at faster speeds the more bandwidth there is.
Even while the majority of wireless routers automatically modify the channel bandwidth, you can always make manual adjustments if necessary. Here’s what you need to know if you want to adjust the channel bandwidth on your AC2600 router.
Know-How You Can Adjust Channel Bandwidth in Your Asus AC2600 Router
In your ASUS AC2600, the channel bandwidth will be automatically adjusted to the best value, but you can still modify it to suit your needs. Take these actions: Link your desktop to the wireless router network. Launch a web browser and enter “router.asus.com” in the address bar.
Hit the Enter key and this will take you to the Asus router’s standard login page. Enter the username & password you created during the initial setup process on the login page that opens in the following window. Finally, click on the “Sign In” button after entering your login information.
Note: You must reset your Asus router to its factory default settings in order to continue with the network setup if you have forgotten your default username and password. Visit our blog area for more information from us if you’d like to know how to reset your device.
- Select the “Wireless” tab and click “General” after logging into the Asus Wireless router admin panel.
- Look for the “Band” option and choose either a 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz connection from the drop-down box next to it.
- After that, scroll down to access the “Channel Bandwidth” option.
- Consequently, select the “20/40 MHz” bandwidth if you previously chose the 2.4GHz band.
- Now, network interference is a result of overlapping WiFi channels.
- Choose the “20/40/80 MHz” bandwidth choice if you have chosen the “5GHz 1” Bandwidth.
- Once more, choose the “20/40/80/160 MHz” bandwidth choice if you had chosen the “5GHz 2” Band.
Since there are more WiFi channels than those that overlap (24 out of 45 do not overlap), you have chosen a bigger channel width in this case.
Many users of the Asus AC2600 router need help to change the channel bandwidth. You can contact our technical experts if you’re having the same problems.