Are you a user of the Asus Ac2600 Router? While you may already know the concept behind adjust channel bandwidth in Asus AC2600 router. Channel Bandwidth is the available amount of internet signal intensity that your wireless device or computer system can access.
Increased channel bandwidth affects your wireless speed performance and signal stability a lot. The more the bandwidth, the more data can be passed through at higher speeds, provided they aren’t impacted by interference.
Though most wireless routers adjust channel bandwidth automatically, you can always change the channel bandwidth manually, if required.
If you are looking to change the channel bandwidth in your AC2600 router, here is what you need to know.
Know-How To Adjust Channel Bandwidth in Asus AC2600 Router?
Channel Bandwidth will be automatically set at the best value in your ASUS AC2600, however, you can still change it as per your requirements. Follow the steps: Connect your computer system to the wireless router network.
Open a web browser and in the address bar, type router.asus.com. Press the Enter Key. This will direct you to the default ASUS router login page.
On the login page that appears in the next window, enter the username and the password which you had set during the initial setup process.
Once you have entered the credentials, click on the “Sign in” button.
Note: If you have forgotten your default username and password credentials, you will be required to RESET your router to factory default settings and then proceed with the network setup again. If you want to know the steps to RESET your device, read more from us in our blog section.
- Once you are logged in to the ASUS Wireless router management wizard, select the Wireless tab, and click on General.
- Locate the option with “Band” written on it and from the drop down menu next to it, select 2.4GHz or 5GHz, accordingly.
- Scroll down to find the Channel Bandwidth option.
- If you had selected the “2.4GHz” Band above, select the “20/40 MHz” bandwidth option here.
- Now, overlapping WiFi channels contribute to network interference.
- If you had selected the “5GHz 1” Band, select the “20/40/80 MHz” bandwidth option.
- Again, if you had selected the “5GHz 2” Band, select the “20/40/80/160 MHz” bandwidth option.
Now the reason you choose a wider channel width here is there are more WiFi channels than those that overlap (24 out of 45 do not overlap). Furthermore, the 5 GHz
Reach Asus Experts To Adjust Channel Bandwidth in Asus AC2600 Router
Many users not able to adjust channel bandwidth in Asus AC2600 router, If you are facing the same, Just pick your phone and call our experts for assistance.