Asus Router Setup
Resolve common errors with accessing the setup wizard
The asus router setup wizard is accessible using the default web address i.e. https://www.router.asus.com or the IP address https://192.168.0.1. If you are facing issues with accessing the same, you can always follow some standard troubleshooting tips to facilitate access to the setup wizard and get back to configuring your asus router hassle-free.This website will walk you through the Asus router setup process from the scratch and also suggest ways to resolve common errors with the same.
Learning the Asus router Setup Process
The asus router setup process begins with the installation procedure. Furthermore, beginning with connecting to the router network, to configuring the network settings, and saving them. The setup process can be completed in a hassle-free manner. Here are some steps you can follow to begin with the asus router setup process:
Making the hard-wired connections
- To begin with, connect your Asus router to the DSL MODEM using an ethernet cable. Connect the LAN port of the modem to the LAN port on that of the router.
- Now, attach the power cords and connect the power adapters to the electrical outlet. Once you have connected the cords, switch on the power supply.
- Allow the devices to boot up and then wait for the devices to get ready till the power LED gets solid and other LEDs begin to blink.
Using a wireless connection
If you are connecting your Asus router to the computer/ smartphone wirelessly over Wi-Fi, you’ll need to connect to the router network manually in order to access the login page. To do that, Open the Wireless Internet/Network Settings on your system/smartphone and then look for the Asus router SSID among the list of available networks. Once you locate the same, select it and click on the Connect button. Your computer/smartphone will now identify the network and connect to it. Remember that you are not required to enter any password for this.
Using a wired connection
If you are connecting your asus router to the computer system using an ethernet cable, you can simply open a web browser and follow the next steps to configure the network settings.
Configuring the Network Settings
- Open a web browser on your system/smartphone and then in the address bar, type the default web address i.e. https://www.router.asus.com or the IP address e. https://192.168.0.1. Press Enter and you’ll be redirected to the asus router login page.
- Here, type in the username and the password in their respective fields. Use “admin” in the username and password fields and then hit the Login button.
- You’ll now see the Asus router setup wizard appear on the screen.
- If you are configuring the router for the first time, you will be required to change the admin credentials for security reasons. Click on the login button and then enter to begin with the Asus wireless router setup steps.
- On the next page, create a login username and password as per your preference. Click on the continue button to proceed further with the setup steps. A majority of Asus routers are dual-band and support 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. You can differentiate both bands using different SSIDs and passwords as well. In case you wish to keep identical settings for both bands you can check the radio button next to “Keep the same settings for both bands.”
- The final screen will show you a summary of the network configuration you have just edited.
- Recheck the settings that are displayed and click on the “Next” button.
- Before you finally apply the settings to the wireless router, it will prompt you for authentication. Key in the new credentials in the designated fields of the Asus wireless router setup page.
As you have entered the required details and followed the steps as shared herein, the Asus router setup process will conclude.