If you are wondering how to update the firmware of the Asus router then this guide will help you define the same. The entire process of Asus router firmware update is dependable upon the following steps which are easy to follow.
Outdated firmware files on the Asus router can lead to network issues and poor performance. Therefore, it is recommended that you should keep on checking for a new firmware update. A firmware is pre-installed software that controls the behavior and working of the device. It adds more functionality and improves the overall performance of the device. Updating the Asus router is an easy task and can be done with a few simple steps. However, it can cause a number of errors, if not done correctly. If your Asus router won’t update firmware then chances are you are not using the correct steps.
This post will tell you how to update the firmware of the Asus router. But before discussing the steps for Asus router firmware update you should check why you need to update your device.
Know Why You Need To Asus Router Firmware Update?
- New features and settings are added to the network
- Technical glitches are resolved
- A new firmware update removes and improves the bugs
- The security of the network is improved and enhanced
Update the Asus router to enjoy the latest updates for your device. You can either update the firmware on web GUI or update it manually.
Step 1 – Update via web GUI
- Open up a web browser of your choice and enter http://router.asus.com in the address bar.
- An Asus router login window will come up on the screen. Enter the login username and password.
- Click ‘Sign in’. If you don’t remember the username/ password, restore the router to default settings.
- Once you’re logged into the web GUI of the Asus router, you will see a message displaying on the screen a new version of firmware is now available’
- Click on it and it will take you to the ‘Administration’ tab. Then, click on the ‘System’ page and then click on the ‘Firmware Update’ option.
- Wait for a few minutes to let the update process get completed. This will take around 3 minutes.
- Once the firmware is updated, you will again need to sign in to web GUI by using the login credentials.
- Click on the ‘Save’ option to apply the settings.
Step2 – Manual method of updating
Visit the Asus support website and download the latest firmware file for your device. On the search bar, enter the model number of your Asus router and download the latest firmware file. You can save the latest firmware file of your Asus router on the desktop. After that, follow the below-mentioned steps carefully.
- Navigate the web browser to the router.asus.com web page.
- Enter the Asus router login username and password in the required login window.
- Once you’re logged into the Asus router setup page, go to the ‘Admin’ tab and click on the ‘Advanced settings’ sub-page.
- Next, go to the ‘Firmware Update’ and click on the ‘Upgrade’ option. Now, you need to choose the firmware downloaded file and click the ‘Open’ button to upload the device.
- This will take a couple of minutes to get completed.
- Once the Asus router firmware update is completed, your Asus router will reboot to apply the changes.
These were simple instructions to tell you how to update the firmware of the Asus router. If you have followed the steps given in this guide carefully, you will not face any issues.
What to do when the Asus router won’t update the firmware?
There are a number of reasons due to which your Asus router fails to update. Improper cable connection, internet connectivity issues, or security results could result in the Asus router’s failed firmware update process.
- You must check that the cables connecting the Asus router are properly plugged into the ports. Make sure that the cable connection is proper ad accurate. Replace the cables, if you find them faulty.
- Check the internet connectivity and speed on your wireless router. If you are not able to access the internet, contact your ISP.
- Make sure your Asus router is configured properly. Your Asus router won’t update firmware if it is not configured properly.
- You can perform a reset process if your Asus router firmware update is not updating by long-pressing the reset button.
This was all about the Asus router firmware update. If you have more queries in mind, you can reach out to our team of experts and ask for their help.